Escuela Pia is a school supervised by the church and was named after the congregation established by San Jose of Calansanz, during the 17th century. Agustinian priests constructed this convent that which later became school for underprivileged Taal youth.
The present edifice was built through the effort of P. Aniceto Aparicio in 1885. This Escuela Pia had become the central school during the American regime.
In addition, the restoration of Escuela Pia building, which is considered to be one of the oldest educational institutions in the country, was initiated by Taal Arts and Culture Movement Inc. This is also in cooperation with National Historical Institute.